Captain FTP LICENSE AGREEMENT
- This Limited Use Software License Agreement (the "Agreement") is a legal agreement between you ("Licensee"), the end-user, and Xnet Communications GmbH ("Producer") for the use of the Captain FTP software product ("Software").
- By installing, or using this Software or storing this program on a computer hard drive (or other media), you are agreeing to be bound by the terms of this Agreement.
- If you do not agree to the terms of this Agreement, and you have registered this Software, promptly return the Software and the accompanying items (including any written materials), along with your receipt for a full refund; or delete the Software from all storage media.
- You are welcome to evaluate the program for a certain period of time mentioned in the program without paying. If you would like to continue to use the program after this evaluation period, you have to register. Extended usage requires registration. We encourage you to register the Software and support its further development. To register the program, please contact the Producer (address given in the program and / or in it's included files).
- If you do not register after the expiration of the trial period, you have to remove the program from your computer. Otherwise, you offend against copyright law!
- Distribution of the shareware version at any media is possible for free if the Software remains unchanged and no charges except reasonable for collection and shipping of the product.
- This Software may be distributed freely on online services, bulletin boards, or other electronic media as long as the files are distributed in their entirety. This Software may not be distributed on CD-ROM, disk, or other physical media for a fee without the permission of Xnet Communications GmbH.
- By registering you obtain a license for the Software.
- Once registered, the user is granted a non-exclusive license to use Captain FTP on as many computers as defined by the licensing terms according to the number of licenses registered, for any legal purpose.
- Distribution of the registered version is not allowed. You are not allowed to distribute any kind of registration codes or algorithm to build them. If you distribute registration codes, code building algorithms or crack programs, without the Producer's signed permission you agree to be guilty to pay a penalty for breach of contract of 2000.- US Dollar.
- You may make copies of the Software only for backup and archival purposes.
- You may only distribute the shareware version. Make sure all original files are included and that they are unchanged. If you want to include the shareware version of the Software on a shareware CD, upload to an internet server or publishing screenshots in the press, you can do this without any charges or royalties. Although you have to notify the Producer at the following e-mail address (firstname.lastname@example.org) or any other of Producer addresses mentioned within the program.
- You may not alter this Software in any way, including changing or removing any messages or windows.
- You may not decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble or otherwise reduce this software to a human perceivable form.
- You may not modify, rent or resell for profit this software, or create derivative works based upon this software.
- You may not publicize or distribute any registration code algorithms, information, or registration codes used by this software without permission of Xnet Communications GmbH.
- You are expressly prohibited from sublicensing, assigning, leasing, renting, loaning, time-sharing, copying, or otherwise distributing the Software or documentation to anyone, except as specifically provided in this Agreement.
- You may not use any registration codes for the Software that have not been purchased from Xnet Communications GmbH or an authorized representative of Xnet Communications GmbH.
- You accept responsibility for any network usage costs or any other costs incurred by using this software.
- NO WARRANTIES: - Xnet Communications GmbH EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTY for the SOFTWARE. The SOFTWARE and any related documentation is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including, without limitation, the implied warranties or merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or no infringement.
- The Producer does not warrant that the functions of the SOFTWARE will meet your requirements or that the operation of the SOFTWARE will be uninterrupted or error free. You assume responsibility for selecting the SOFTWARE to achieve your intended results, and for the use and the results obtained from the SOFTWARE.
- NO LIABILITY FOR DAMAGES. In no event shall Xnet Communications GmbH or its suppliers be liable for any direct, indirect, consequential or incidental damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of business profits, business interruption, loss of business information, or any other pecuniary loss) arising out of the use of or inability to use this SOFTWARE, EVEN IF PRODUCER OR ITS SOFTWARE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
Captain FTP is Copyright Xnet Communications GmbH. You must treat the Software like any other copyrighted material.